Peel Logistics' Approach
Peel Logistics’ approach is committed to embracing sustainable initiatives, technologies and design principles to deliver warehousing solutions for occupiers which meet their own green agendas whilst delivering efficient buildings resulting in lower running costs for their business and contributing to a low carbon economy.
This strategy creates logistics property solutions whilst enhancing the local communities within which Peel Logistics operates.
Peel Logistics’ approach includes the following initiatives:
- Reviewing all environmental aspects of a proposed development and seeking to achieve the highest possible BREEAM rating and Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating for a scheme where applicable.
- Considering all renewable energy source options as part of the procurement process which leads to lower running costs and low carbon solutions for occupiers.
- Seeking to achieve the optimum level of natural daylight provision into buildings with a target 15% roof light strategy.
- Seeking to utilise recycled building components to create low carbon warehousing facilities.
- Delivering properties that are future proofed for the future installation of solar panels, a key source of renewable energy.
- Seeking to implement efficient water solutions into buildings improving consumption rates resulting in lower running costs for occupiers.
- Engaging with its supply chain to encourage sustainable solutions in the development of its portfolio.
Peel Logistics sustainability approach is constantly evolving and we strive to reflect both legislative and occupational sustainability priorities in the properties we deliver.